Thursday

Vanilla Spiced Butter Spread

Ahh, the holidays and all the food that goes along with celebrating them! One of my friend's fathers (Mr. Evans) makes the most AWESOME coconut bread on the planet and this year, I received a 1/2 loaf as a gift. As usual, I have been eating the bread with everything imaginable but when I wanted to eat a slice as a treat all by itself; plain butter would not do. This slightly sweet spread was perfect and I plan to use it on as many breads and pastries I get my hands on.












This recipe makes 1/4 cup of spread:
4 tbsp butter or margarine (at room temperature)
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Total Prep/Cook Time:
5-10 minutes

In small bowl mix:
Butter/ Brown Sugar/ Vanilla/ Nutmeg

Mix with spoon until all ingredients are mixed well and creamy. Spread onto favorite bread or pastry. Enjoy!

*Try toasting your bread or pastry with the spread on it! The spread will brown and slightly caramelize.