Sunday

Thanksgiving Menu Highlights: Sea Salt/ Parsley Rubbed Hens

This Thanksgiving I hosted my dinner for 8 wonderful people. I am posting some of the dishes that I prepared for them that I thought others would enjoy too! Most recipes would be a welcomed part of any menu, anytime throughout the year. Also enjoy this post because it may be the only poltry recipe that I will post until next year this time.

Side Note:
You will notice that in the thanksgiving recipes i used many if the same ingredients throughout each dish. I do this to cut down on having to buy so many differennt ingredients as well as to provide some harmony within the whole meal.

This Recipe Makes 2 Cornish Hens:
2 cleaned cornish hens
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp sea salt
1 tbsp black peper
2 tsps garlic

Total Prep/ Cook Time:
Marinate Overnight
Cook for 2 hours at 400 degrees

In mixing bowl combine:
Olive Oil/ Parsley/ Seasalt/ Black Pepper/ Garlic

Place cornish hens in baking pan and rub with seasoned mixture. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.

Pre heat overn to 400 degrees and bake for 1.5 hours covered. Baste with the hen juice in the pan every 30 minutes. Turn the hens over atleast once during cooking process. Cook uncovered for last 30 minutes so that the hens can brown.

Slice and serve.

Enjoy!